Monday, December 15, 2008

Clap, clap, clap....

Our little girl never ceases to amaze me!! This morning, we were Skype-ing with my mom and she was singing the "Patty Cake" song with Kate and it seemed as if Kate started clapping...well, her version of clapping. It's kind of like a REALLY drunk person trying to clap...sometimes the hands don't quite make contact...ha!


THEN, during lunch (carrots as you'll see), I was singing the "Clap Hands Baby, 1-2-3" song from our play-time CD and low and behold, she started clapping!!! I was so surprised that I screamed "Oh my gosh, YAY Kate" and scared the pooie out of her. Sorry. Anyway, I decided to take a break from spooning carrots and see if she would "show off" her new skill. She also associates the YAY word with clapping, I guess.


So....here she is in all of her carrot-faced, clapping glory!!

And here is a picture we took of her yesterday. You can't tell too well, but she had pulled herself up on Dixie using Dixie's fur. Poor Dixie...she just sits there and takes it. I think she secretly likes it though....but don't tell anyone.And on a more serious note. Here are some pictures of what bottle nipples look like when they have been boiled/cooked/charred for over an hour. Yesterday evening, I put them on to boil/sterilize because I'm out of my steamer-sterlizing bags. In the meantime, Brad and I made a grocery list and headed to the store. When we returned about an hour later, Dixie came running out the door and our apartment was FILLED with thick smoke. I was terrified and ran in (with Kate in my arms....not the smartest move in hindsight) and saw the pan on the stove....and the smoke alarms WERE NOT sounding! I was beside myself...I could have really hurt a lot of people and something even worse could have happened to Dixie. Needless to say, I will NEVER do that again. We cleaned all night and I have been cleaning all day today because when we opened the windows, a fine dusting of ash covered just about everything in sight. Brad and I decided we are very lucky and it will make a good story/lesson to share.




9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! SCARY! Glad it wasn't worse and I bet the mess was terrible. Kate is precious as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just tell you that your baby is soooo precious!!!! Those eyes are just stunning. Oh, and I'm so glad you didn't burn you house down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome about her clapping. She is so advanced! She is so cute. I love to read what she is doing, then I know what to focus on with Luke! Glad you didn't burn the house down. I'm glad you all are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok-I was boiling water once, forgot about it and it totally melted the pan into two pieces.
    Scared the heck out of me. Oh- the crap we have to go through to learn our lessons.
    And I love the carrot faced clapping baby video. So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah she's getting so big!! I miss that little girl...I can't wait to see here again.
    I cannot believe you left water boiling...holy crap! I bet Brad freaked out....I'm so glad you came home when you did...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! PLEASE tell me you'll give in and use a microwavable sterilizer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. O.M.G. not good sarah! so glad that everyone is ok...poor dixie poo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember asking my pediatrician if I needed to sterilize bottles and she said that running them through the dishwasher was sufficient. I think I spent the first 2 or 3 months sterilizing. I also remember running my breast pump attachments through one of those sterilizer bags and burning the crap out of my hand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah...Kate is so cute!!!!! I hope things are going great for you and Brad. It has been a long time since I have seen you guys. I am so glad you started this blog, I love hearing about Kate and all the stages she is going through. YOu are doing a great job Sarah.

    ReplyDelete