Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Things that make me smile...

On Kate's make-shift changing table (the twin bed in our dumb apartment), I keep a book and a couple of little toys that keep Kate occupied while I change her diaper. Otherwise, she rolls over and all I have to work with is her back side...eek! When she chooses the book for changing time it totally looks like she's holding it up to read it and I giggle at her every time she does it. So.....I got a picture of her holding it today. She's such a funny little tootie. Also, notice how she scoots herself until she's hanging off of her changing pad. I can't believe how much she's changing and growing right now....it's all coming too fast! She can now sit up on her own. She falls over every once in a while but usually catches herself and regains balance before that happens. She is also blowing lots of slobbery bubbles with her lips. And, on a naughty note, she has started pushing away things that she doesn't want. The pushing away is usually accompanied by an "ugh!" noise. Uh huh....I think we're going to have a pepper on our hands...she must get that from her Daddy (wink wink)!
And another fun thing that made us smile today is what we found in our mailbox!! The Lensing family (Lensing Lowdown blog) sent Kate a darling holiday teddy bear!! Kate loves it and we are so touched by their sweet gesture! Here is Kate with her new friend. They also sent their Christmas card which has a picture of Gabby on it....I think Kate likes the picture just as much as the bear. She loves looking at other babies and Gabby's big blue eyes just captivate her! Thank you to the Lensings!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a sweetie! I love checking in on her to see what Miss Caroline will probably be up to in the next few months. :) I'm adding you to my blog list.

    Oh, and I was thinking the other day...are related to a girl named Shelly Lux? Or at least that would have been her maiden name. I went to jr high with her, and just wondered. I saw her in FS a few years back and was just curious.

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete