Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

We had a REALLY busy weekend but we're finally moved into our new apartment and getting settled in more and more by the minute. Kate transitioned like a champ and likes her new spaces to sleep and play. And, speaking of busy...She also figured out that she can crawl anywhere her heart desires....so, now she is on the G-O all the time. It's so fun to watch her explore her surroundings...if only I knew exactly what she was thinking....

Here are a few pictures of Kate from the last several days. She now likes to lie on the floor and eat her bottle, so I let her. Anything to get her to finish a bottle these days!!
Kate is head-over-heels in love with Miss Dixie. I love watching them play. Dixie really seems to enjoy Kate's company too. So sweet!!

And yesterday we had a first...and hopefully a LAST!! I was changing Kate's diaper on the bathroom counter (her new make-shift changing table) and turned to put the diaper in the Genie and caught Kate falling off out of the corner of my eye. She landed right on her forehead on the floor. I. FELT. AWFUL. Kate cried for a minute and then started laughing and going about her business. Me...I shook for an entire hour. Lucy called and knew something was wrong right away when I answered. I was just plain flustered...and, THANK YOU GOD, Kate was perfectly fine. The doctors office told me to observe her for 48 hours and make sure she is focusing. So, even though she seems fine I will continue to wake her every so often at night and such through tomorrow night. She does have her first goose egg on her forehead so I, of course, had to get a picture of it....looking at the picture, it's above her left eyebrow.

And here is Kate eating a wagon wheel. It's one of her highchair snack-type things that she eats when I'm cooking or doing dishes.
And here is Miss Priss performing to Patty Cake (or Pat-a-Cake but we call it Patty for whatever reason). Notice her rolling technique (she tries so hard, huh) and then she concentrates so hard on rolling that she misses the "throw it in the air" part until the song is completely over and then she throws it in the air...everyt time. Hee hee...she makes me laugh so much each day!!

I don't think I have reported that we FINALLY found a house in OKC a couple of weeks ago. The inspections were today and everything went really well. One of the children (who is an adult now) that grew up in the house was there representing her mother (the seller), so it was really neat to get to talk with her about the house. I knew I had a good feeling about it....a happy family grew up there! We still haven't closed on our house in Tulsa...long story, but we allowed the buyer to push closing back. Anyway, please cross your fingers for us (I hate asking for prayers when there are way more important things out there needing prayers) that our house in Tulsa closes before we buy the house in OKC because we might have to eat out of cans with 2 house payments and an apartment payment (lease ends April 30...thank heavens).


I'm so excited about our new house. It is the perfect space for us to grow. We'll be updating parts of the house right away so I'll post pics as we go! My mom will come for a while and help with Kate while we move and begin the renovations...thank goodness because moving with her this weekend was pretty tough. And then my sister will help choose colors and such....I love her house and she chose everything herself so I'm lucky to have her talent. So exciting!!!

7 comments:

  1. How much fun she is! No wonder you just fall in love with her all over again! I love the Patty Cake (we call it that too) and her attempts at it!

    So glad she is okay after her fall - I hope you are giving yourself a break. Those things happen! I'm glad she's ok though!

    And even though you didn't ask, I'll be praying that the whole housing situation gets worked out and you get the house you have such a good feeling about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! My stomach dropped just reading about her fall! I hear moms talk all the time about the first time their little ones fall down or get hurt, but I just don't know HOW I'm going to deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel any better, I turned my head for two seconds and Gavin ate a big bite of vaseline and I had to call poison control! He is fine but get ready because it's just beginning! I'm going to be SOOO gray so early. Congrats on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah...like mother like daughter! I seem to recall a certain FAMOUS story about you getting caught red handed, on your back, with 1/2 a dozen EMPTY bottles all around you! LOL!!

    Lucas has fallen off of his singset head first...he has eaten soap and, oh yeah, he broke his leg at 9 months.
    Those accidents are part of growing up..don't beat yourself up about it.
    Lucas and I loved the video...he keeps saying "again, mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. first...I looked at that first pic of Kate and had to look back at the top of your blog to make sure I was at the right place. She just looks so much like a little girl in that pic instead of a baby. She is getting so big and she is just so beautiful. And what a smarty! I can't get over the video!

    Second...confession time. Parker totally rolled off of our bed when he was about Kate's age. Yikes! I know all experienced parents tell us newbies that these things happen but it is just so scary and shocking when it does. This is part of why I love these blogs. It helps hearing other moms have had similiar experiences. I am glad Kate is okay but I know exactly how you feel.

    AND Congrats on finding a house. I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I hope he is well soon too. Kills me.... Of course we had to kick Will out of bed last night and have him sleep w/ me. He just wanted some comfort, and I wanted some sleep. haha! He seems much better this morning. How is Kate's little noggin'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell there is something above her left eye brow. She is tough! :)

    I am so glad you guys found a house! You will have to tell me more about it. I will pray that everything goes well.

    I will be in town the evening of Feb 5th and all day on the 6th. Affair of the Heart is that weekend...you should go!

    ReplyDelete