Yesterday and today have been EXTREMELY uneventful, except for the weather. As you probably already know, we have gotten a pretty good amount of freezing rain and sleet...and it's still coming down. We still have power which I am very thankful for, as I know a lot of you don't. I wish we were closer to Fayetteville so that my sis-in-law and sweet Vivi could come be with us....I'm pretty sure they're still without power...ugh. Anyway, Kate and I are getting a little stir-crazy in our little abode.
During nap times, however, I have gotten A LOT of blog-stalking/internet search time in and I am soooo excited to put on my "creative cap" when we finally move into our house. We have some big plans for the place and it's just about to kill me that we can't get in and get started until our Feb. 20 close date. I found several interesting design blogs where I have gotten many ideas. Here are some of the ones I have found today:
- A Soft Place to Land gave me step by step directions on how to create a tufted headboard. She made a tufted bench, but I can use the same concept to make our headboard. On her blog, I also got tips on spray painting furniture...she's so handy!!
- The Happy Homebody has lots of pictures of cute ways to decorate mantels, cabinet tops, etc.
- Kristen's Creations is one that I love looking at on a regular basis. I actually grew up right next door to her and her family. She is a decorator now and creates the most beautiful Christmas settings ever!!! There are also tons of beautiful florals and other decorating ideas on her blog...she's so talented!
Anyway, those are just a few of the ones I have been scoping out today. I can't wait to put some of these ideas and tips into our home!!
In addition to all of that time wasting nonsense, I have been looking at old videos and pictures of Kate. I just can't believe how big she is getting. I didn't ever think I would be one of those mothers who got emotional when looking back but I have to confess that I got a little misty when looking back. She continues to bring joy to our hearts each and every day....joy that I never imagined possible. Don't get me wrong, life with Kate has definitely seen some stressful days. However, the wonderful times tend to erase the stresses.
Kate is about 2 mo old in this picture...maybe 10 weeks old. I love this picture because we were staying with Abby and Ron and I put Kate in her bouncy to sit while I took a shower and got ready. I ran into the bedroom to get my clothes together and when I came back, Sam was sitting in there singing Rock-A-Bye-Baby to Kate. The funniest part was listening to his words to the song. I can't remember exactly what they were but they were of his own creation to the same old tune. Sweet, sweet Sam.
Kate at 3 months old. This was her first time in the Bumbo. I remember the jammies she is wearing....they were so tiny!!! 
And, here she is today at 7 1/2 months old. Sitting up all by herself....
This is a video of Kate at 4 months old. She was just learning to roll around. Gosh...I just want to go back in time and plant kisses all over that cubby little face!!!
And here is a video from today. She is trying her best to reach one of my rings on the coffee table. I just love watching her rrreeeeaaaacchhh!!! In most everything she tries to do, she exhibits qualities of very strong determination. You know, when I was pregnant with her, I would tell Brad that I think we're going to have a determined and persistant little girl on our hands. If I was wearing something too tight around the waist or sitting or sleeping in a postion that she didn't like, she would kick, kick, kick until I got the message and made some changes...ha!!
Well, I guess that's enough nostalgia for one day. The clothes aren't going to fold themselves.....
That is so cute - her crawling and standing up trying to reach. I hear ya - it is wild how fast time goes by. My mother use to say - just sit and rock her as long as you want...this time passes so fast. Now I have a spoiled child! You forget the stressful times so you will have another one!
ReplyDeletePS - Thanks for the websites and I love your new background.
ReplyDeleteLove the walk down memory lane!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and check my blog for a special treat! :)