Thursday, January 15, 2009

A very cheesy post...

The other day, I was making enchiladas for dinner. Kate usually sits in her high chair and snacks on puffs or zwieback toast (which she ends up dangling over the side for Dixie) while I cook. Well, I remembered reading somewhere that it was okay to give her little pieces of cheese so I thought I would try it and see what she thought. She put it in her mouth and it was love at first bite. I only gave her a pinch though (that pinch took her about 30 minutes to eat and there was still a lot left strewn about) because we all know what too much cheese does to little tummies....and we did NOT want to deal with that. Yikes.
And this is a picture of Brad reading to Kate. I think it's the sweetest thing in the world to watch them interact. He has such a gentle and protective way with her. He (like me) has so many hopes and dreams for her and it thrills me that she will some day have her own. We know that how we raise her has so much to do with her achieving those hopes and dreams. We can only try our best and give her the tools to aim high in life and the best way we know how to do that is give her lots of love and attention (not TOO much though..ha). Well, I really got off track there, huh?
While I'm talking about things I love about Brad and Kate, I have to mention bath time. Every night, around 7:30 Brad and Kate head for the bathroom and I don't..ha!! His gift to me is taking over bath time each night so I can have some "me time". Sometimes I sit in there with them and watch her play, sometimes I read, sometimes I do dishes. The point is that for 20 minutes that I'm not in charge....and I appreciate that more than he will ever know.

Kate has her 6 month check up tomorrow. She'll actually be 7 months and 5 days but we missed the last appointment due to weather. I'm sad about the shots but anxious to see her stats these days. I know she's been growing like a weed but I'm dying to know just how much!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, a box of kleenex's please.

    That was the sweetest post, and no you did not get off track. You are such a great mom.

    You and Brad make a great team, Sarah! That is sooo sweet of Brad to give you 20 mins. Now being a mother.....20 mins of "me time" feels like an eternity.

    Ahhh..you guys have got to be the cutiest little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thinking we may NEVER give Caroline cheese...due to it's "natural affects" on the tummy. We already battle that enough as it is! :)

    Also, I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who relishes a little time where Daddy is in charge. I know I'm not home with her ALL day, but sometimes it seems like the evenings are Mommy-only being in charge. The last two nights I've "made" Darren give her her bedtime bottle and rock her and put her down. It went just fine. We are leaving her for the first time tomorrow night! Yikes! We are going to LR to see Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, and Darius Rucker!!!! And staying at the Embassy Suites!!! I'm just sad about leaving her...even if it IS with Grammy...who she spends every week day with.

    Have you spent the night away from Kate yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate is so cute with that cheese! I am guessing by the way it was smashed and torn apart all over the tray that she was having a big time playing with it! Guess that is half the fun of eating!

    I think it is so sweet that Brad gives Kate her bath's every night. Not only is that a nice break for you but that is a perfect way for them to get in some quality time as well. I know it is hard for daddies when they work all day. It feels unfair that they don't get as much time with the babies. What a wonderful gift to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John started giving Kate baths and I love it. They have so much fun togethter. Now that her hair is longer, he dries it and they play beauty shop. She has some good do's when they are done. That is a lot of fun too. Isn't being a mom the best ever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great of Brad. What a good daddy! Speaking f Brad, Jose just saw a picture of Kate and he thinks she is her daddy made over!
    You should do what Laura did and put some baby pics of you and Brad up so that we can see....

    ReplyDelete