Did you guys know that wallpaper is coming back? Well, it is. Not that I'm that interested in being in style (I'm usually about 5 years behind the cool kids) but I thought it would be neat to wallpaper our entryway (in the new house) in a medium print damask. So....I got to looking for something like this online and came across kaboodle.com. You just type into the search field what you're looking for and it brings up like 50 places where you can find it on the net. So great!! I even found the exact color/pattern I want (not the pink one above...it would be cute in Kate's room, though)....after getting to look through lots of other examples. Now, I just have to talk Brad into letting me get wallpaper that is probably ridiculously overpriced...wish me luck on that one.
THEN...I went looking for parsons chairs. I have been wanting to get 2 for our kitchen table to go at the ends. I LOVE the ones on my favorite home decor website (ballarddesigns.com), but they're wayyyy more than I want to spend. On kaboodle.com, I found lots of deals on parson chairs and I can get a cheaper chair and order a custom slipcover from my favorite place and still spend only a little more than half of what BD is asking.
Kate was taking an extra long nap this afternoon (we finally got out and went back to the gym today so she got to play hard for a little over an hour) and I wanted to share my new shopping friend (kaboodle.com) with you!! Gosh...what did we do before the internet???
Ballard Designs is one of my favs. I have been wanting their Christmas stockings for awhile now. I waited for them to go on sale after Christmas and when they did they didn't have the 4 that I wanted. Boo hoo. Thanks for sharing. I like the wallpaper. I have seen where they put it in the back of book shelves and it looks really cool.
ReplyDeleteI tried kaboodle and it's really cool!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I made you a background...go to jengetsfancy.blogspot.com to see a sample!
I think the damask print wallpaper in the entryway would look really good. I have seen the more modern wallpapers on several designing sites lately! Good Luck - I'm horrible at wallpapering.
ReplyDeleteI am coming out of hiding to say hello. My husband and I went to high school with Brad. And I happened upon your site through a friend of mine's blog, (Heather). Kate is precious and sometimes I swear I could write your blog since we have gone through similar experiences, i.e. moving and living in a small temporary apartment with a large dog and small but increasingly active baby. I love Ballard, but never order from it, and had to say hi. Can't wait to check out kaboodle.
ReplyDeletethought you might like this blog~
ReplyDeletehttp://www.designspongeonline.com/
Love your new layout! sooo jealous:) Thanks for the cool site too. I am with you on the decorating right now. My house is a completely different style than my last one, so I am so stumped. All my decor is still sitting in the corner waiting....
ReplyDelete