Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sleep Report

Well, our Kater-poo seems to be doing much better with her sleep the past couple of nights. I was just so freaked out. Since about 3 weeks of age, she had always slept entirely through the night (8pm until 6:30am) until the last couple of weeks. I have been doing a lot of thinking about why this could be happening and came up with several possible reasons.

1. We were out of town for an entire week and her schedule (naps and bedtime) was terribly interrupted on a daily basis. I feel really bad about that...it's just hard to get everything in when you have so many people you want to visit with.
2. The girl is a learning machine right now. Some of the things she's doing: pulls up on everything, sits up in her bed at the slightest noise (she has her Daddy's extra-keen hearing...he can even hear my smart-a** remarks at a low whisper), crawls several feet at a time, claps, eats finger foods, drinks out of sippie cup, and that's all I have the energy to remember right now. She's wearing me OUT!! So fun, though!!

Some of the people who graciously stop by our blog gave us lots of advice and suggestions on how their kiddos sleep well and I really appreciate that. I love these blogs for that reason. We have stayed close to the house to get our schedule back on track and back to "normal" and it seems to have helped A LOT. Also, making sure her naps are longer is key for Kate, too. Thanks for the reminder Beth!

Whew!! I'm so glad her sleep craziness is turning around because I was becoming exhausted getting up with her ALL night (remember, I was used to having a "good" sleeper) and then thinking about it how to help her sleep better ALL day....motherhood is a never-ending job but the most rewarding job I have ever had.

Stay tuned for a video of our "bucking bronco".....I just about died laughing when I saw her do this for the first time!! She's so stinkin' funny!!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO not looking forward to Grace crawling! She tries now but can't quite put it together and ends up giving up and sucking her thumb. It's pretty funny! Hope her sleep continues to improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she is sleeping better. I cannot believe how good she is getting around - and the little toy where she is bucking around.. SO CUTE! Kate and I watched it. SHe thought it was funny too.

    ReplyDelete