Also, I thought I would give you a glimpse as to what naptime is like at the Thomas household these days. At about 7:30am, 12noon, and 3:30 (Kate's nap times), our routine is as follows: 1) put Kate in bed 2) turn on monitor 3) listen to Kate make noises and talk while she sits/stands up and plays in her bed 4) go in and lay her back down 5) repeat steps 3 and 4 6) repeat steps 3 and 4. One more round of all of that and that usually does the trick. I love walking into her room to find her standing or sitting up....she looks so proud of herself and always greets us with a big, Kater-poo smile!! How could I get upset about that?!?!?
House Update: Several people have asked about our house hunt and I wanted to give a report. We still haven't found the right house for us, in OKC, but we are still looking. We got a new realtor to help us in our search, as the other one really wasn't in tune with the areas in which we want to live. The new realtor is GREAT and we feel really good about our decision to change...even though it was hard to tell the other one that we decided to go with someone else. I guess you win some and lose some....especially in that profession. Our new realtor is constantly sending us properties that she thinks we might be interested in. That makes us SO happy considering we had to find all of the houses we wanted to look at with our other realtor!
So....we decided to rent an apartment for another 3 months while we continue our house hunt. However, we will have our own things in the next apartment. The apt and furnishings we're in now is provided by Brad's company so it will be nice to have our sofa and our dishes and such. While an apartment is definitely not my favorite place to live, I am learning to make it work for us. Let's face it, life could be MUCH worse and we have a good life...and we like eachother...thank goodness because it's close quarters in here.
Hope you all are having a great week! I am getting over some sort of illness...my nose is stuffy and my head hurts like crazy but I feel better every day.
Kate is so cute, Sarah! I loved catching up with her through your blog.
ReplyDeleteTake care, and Happy New Year to you all!
That is so funny. Luke had a bad diaper rash caused by an antibotic and we use a creme from the pharmacy - you have to ask for it behind the counter, but no prescription - called calmeseptine. The dr. told us to put it on like I was icing a cake! It works really well. I love it when they run around naked - that's what our Kate does.
ReplyDeleteHope you get to feeling better.
Oh sarah...I love that video. That big smile....she is so precious.
ReplyDeleteHey Sarah! Thanks for the sweet comments about Ava! I'm glad you are keeping up with us now! And I'm glad to be keeping up with you too! I can't believe all Kate is up to these days! She sure seems like a determined little girl! It sure seems like forever ago that we were stuck in those accounting classes with group projects, huh?! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for thinking of us Sarah! You are too sweet! I have no idea how the heck I am going to keep Brax dry :P.
ReplyDeleteKatie Poo is so freaking precious! Please let me know when you guys come in again...I want to meet her and of course see you and Brad!!!!!
Love ya!
Gosh she's so cute! Why ARE guys so dramatic sometimes? :) Good luck on the house hunt!
ReplyDelete