Saturday, January 17, 2009

WARNING: Do Not Read This Post If Bragging Mommies Irritate You!!

Yesterday, we took Kate to Tulsa for her 6 month check-up...even though she is already 7 months and 6 days old. I LOVE the Pediatric group in Tulsa and I am so sad that it is now time to start taking her to a Pediatrician in OKC. Boo-hoo...

Anyway, she got an awesome report!! The doctor said that, developmentally, Kate is doing things at a nine month level. She (the doctor) was very impressed by her Patty Cake skills (she claps AND rolls), her ability to crawl and pull-up, and her language skills (Da-Da, etc). We are so stinkin' proud of her!!! Here are her stats (charted for 7 mo instead of 6 mo):

Height: 28 3/4 inches (>97%)
Weight: 20 lbs 1 oz (>97%)
Head: 44 and something...can't remember and her sheet is packed away..but it's BIG!!

The only thing she asked us to work on was to make sure Kate's drinking enough formula. She currently drinks about 25 oz per day and eats 3 tubs of veggies and fruits and she needs to be getting up to 30 oz per day. So....we'll have to hold her down, I guess....she's kinda squirmy these days when it comes to drinking her bottles. I would get bored drinking a bottle too...when there's so much to do...ha! Hopefully, Kate will start getting better at the sippy cup so she can drink formula out of the that and break up the monotony.

I packed my camera up (to move to our new apartment in the morning) so I don't have any pictures of her visit. We also had dinner with some friends in Tulsa Friday night. It was great fun and Kate had such a good time playing with Molly Kate who is just a few weeks older. They weren't very good at sharing and, I can't lie, there were a few body slams over stolen toys but overall they had a great time! Kate stayed up and at 'em until 9:30...that's HUGE for her. She is usually fast asleep by 8...and likes it that way.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

7 comments:

  1. Well, from one "bragging mama" to another...I LOVE hearing all the great news! :) Sounds like you and I have both got us some GIANT girls! It just amazes me that at 5 months, Caroline wears 6-12 month and 9 month clothes! I know the age/size thing isn't an exact "science", but I think she's a pretty big girl.

    What size does Kate wear now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all bragging mommies! It's our JOB! Glad she's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bragging mommies...I have been guilty of that a time or two!
    Kate is beautiful and I can't believ how advanced she is...you sould be bragging!
    I body slam Jose sometimes when he messes with my stuff...its the only way for him to learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, you have every right to brag! Kate is so advanced and I know you are terribly proud! I hope that you're able to find a pediatrician in OKC that you love as much as the group in Tulsa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Kate! I am very impressed with her Patty Cake skills, too. Good job on all the tubs of fruits and veggies...that's what Gerber likes to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate is doing so good. Maybe that parents as teachers training did some good :) You better call next time you are in Tulsa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome! Way to go Kate! I attribute a smart kid to smart parents! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete