I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing that day. It was a Tuesday and I was getting ready to go to class (at UAFS) when I heard my mom scream, "Oh no! A plane has accidentally crashed into the World Trade Center!" I ran into her bedroom and we watched together as the second plane hit. And we knew then that it was no accident. I remember thinking, "Who could do this?" and "WHY would anyone do this?" I almost could not believe my eyes.
I literally think I was in shock that day...I just couldn't imagine who could be so evil. I felt a major sense of thankfulness for my family and friends being safe. My dad was safe...he was not flying that day....thank God. My friend, Emily, was in D.C. and I was so happy when word spread that she had made it back to her apartment and was okay.
Thinking of all the people who lost their husbands, their wives, their sisters, brothers, and best friends. I can't imagine the pain that this day must bring them. I didn't know Brad then and had no idea who I would marry, but I tried to feel what wives were feeling watching the news and knowing their husbands were not coming home that evening. Or what husbands felt knowing their children no longer had their mother. Now that I have Brad and Kate, I know that back then I couldn't even begin to know the pain they felt...and I never, ever want to know. The attacks were senseless evil.
I pray for all of those who lost someone that day and hope that our soldiers' hard work and sacrifice will prevent this from ever happening again. Thank you to all of our Armed Forces for protecting us!!! We should all be so thankful we are Americans!
There will be a "lighter" post later this evening...Kate's super cute today! Like Brad and I say, "She must have eaten a double 'Cuter Pounder' for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner!" Ha...get it? Instead of a quarter pounder, she ate a cuter pounder...ha...ha......ok, it's true, I have A LOT of time on my hands!
Christmas 2025
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment