Some things I always want to remember about Kate:
- the way she wiggles out of her swaddle in the night or at naptime and the look of sheer satisfaction on her face when I come to check on her....even though I'm annoyed, I have to smile b/c she's so proud of herself...and of course she smiles back! awwww!!
- and when she gets out of that swaddle, the sound of her sucking on her hands over the monitor makes me giggle...the girl LOVES to have those hands in her mouth
- this one is one only her mother could love....but i love the noises she makes and the way her little face turns bright red when she's making stinkies. believe me, it's quite the production.
- the way she yacks and yacks at her frog that hangs from the playgym....i wonder if this indicates that we might have a little bossy one on our hands
- she smiles and coos when i sing to her....even if i sing a song about paying bills or putting away groceries...she loves my singing and might be the only person in the world who does but she's definitely the one who counts!
- her favorite songs are "The Wheels on the Jeep"(since we don't drive a bus) and "Skidamarinky Dinky Dink"
- This one is more about Brad and I: we thoroughly entertain eachother by making up verses to "The Wheels on the Jeep" while driving around town. One of Brad's favorites.."The mommies in the Jeep say 'Go faster Daddy, go faster daddy, go faster daddy' - I think he drives slow in case you didn't pick that one up.
- even though i don't approve...it cracks me up when she wiggles and squirms to see the tv while she eats her bottle or plays under the gym...she's one determined little gal so we pretty much don't have the tv on EVER.
- she slept in her crib for the first time 2 nights ago...and slept from 9pm until 5am, had a bottle, and went back to sleep to wake at 8:45. Brad and I didn't think we could make it through the night without her in the room with us, but we all slept pretty good that night...except for me waking up every hour to go in a peek at her.
- the tree in the front yard calms her
- she follows me everywhere i go with her eyes when her daddy is holding her in the den rocking chair...she's so curious about what i'm doing...and it touches me so much that she is.
- she just started wanting to stand on our laps every chance she gets. this morning she used her feet to push her self way up in her papasan seat
- i love the way she stares and coos at Brad when he gets home from work...it's like she's telling him all of our activities from the day...so cute!
- and finally, the bored look she has in her bathtub..even when she's splashing away and having a great time...she can be such a serious little gal!
I could probably ramble on forever about all of the things I love about Kate and our new life as a little family. However, I'll spare you all and write the rest in her baby book! Ha! Laura is right...it is going to be so fun for the kids to look back at these blogs and see what they were like...and who knows the most intriguing part to them may be what WE were like!
No comments:
Post a Comment