Sunday, September 14, 2008

Visit with Damian, Sherry, and Sweet Vivi

After the birthday party, we spent the evening and night with my brother and sister-in-law.

Saturday night, Brad and Damian smoked pork tenderloins outside and Sherry and I wrangled babies and prepared the rest of the meal inside....which worked out great because it was raining. Ugh. Darn you Ike!! Also, I LOVED getting to cook in their new kitchen...I felt like I was a fancy chef! Everything was delicious and we had lots of fun...it's the latest we've been up in a while!

While Sherry and I were inside cooking and visiting, Vivi was "ridin' around town" in her Caddy. It's hilarious....she loves to honk the horn and push the button that sounds like she has a car full of giggly girls...so cute!!! Just like Vivi!

Kate and Vivi are 5 1/2 months apart. They are somewhat interested in each other now, but they'll become more playful as they both get older. I can't wait to see them grow up together...they're going to have so much fun...and probably give us all a run for our money! Watch out UofA and Fayetteville because these two will be hitting the town together...that is, if they decide to go to school there...we'll see! I am including a little video of them "playing". Really, it's Vivi trying to play with Kate and Kate looking at Vivi like..."what in the world is going on?" They're both too cute! By the way, we are waiting for Vivi to start taking steps any day now. She can stand and balance for a while, but hasn't tried a step yet...she's so smart because she's about to walk and only 8 months old!!

On Sunday morning, we woke up to a dark house. Darn you Ike, again!! The storm the night before had caused a power outage and we were all a bit stuffy in the house with no air conditioning. Luckily, it was a beautiful morning and we were able to walk to Dickson Street and eat breakfast at Common Grounds...one of our very faves!!! (Max and Dixie had to wait outside since they are not exactly welcome in the restaurant.)

2 comments:

  1. I love the pics! Glad you had a nice weekend and wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Baby Kate is precious! I am friends with Kelli, and she mentioned that you'd found our blog! I love when that happens...when somebody who reads my blog knows somebody I know in "real life"! I found you through Laura, via Mary Kate. Sometimes it's SUCH a small world! :-)

    ReplyDelete